Addressed E&TC first batch student of Sinhagad Engineering College Lonavala. As being E&TC engineer passout of 1984 batch shared my professional life experiences with them and addressed importance of 3s- Science Spirituality and Sustaniability
The best part of my addressing was when I shared my experience "how I mentored my elder son Harshvardhan to be a SAP Consultant after completion of his graduation in BBM-IB management graduation from MITSOM. " and students and parents clapped ...that was my greatest reward got from new aspiring engineering students & the parents attending that Induction event. Proud of my son Harshvardhan as well who worked hard to achieve his goals.
And all the Best to all students who started new inning of their career.
Summary points of Induction talk to Students and Parents
- Keep an eye on upcoming technologies which are not part of your syllabus but will be in the market when you will start your dream job search. In short keep updated yourself with the current and future technologies.
- Shared my experience - after completion of my BE I stayed back in college for 1 month to learn Microprocessor which was not in our syllabus. And College and our HOD Dr. Rao allowed me to use laboratory to learn microprocessor. In short utilize your college resources and faculty knowledge resources.
- Sense the opportunity and do not miss it-Shared my experience how I grabbed opportunity to learn and write my first program in COBOL by the opportunity provided by ICIM manager Mr. Handa.
- My younger son Abhishek who is Engineering E-TC student in MIT Kothrud , I told him to keep eye on IoT workshop. And he grabbed the opportunity and participated in one IOT workshop. IIT Powai conducted the IoT workshop and competition under Techradiance, powered by Harbour Technology. http://sccnhub.com/IoT
- Grab the opportunities to work on live projects. Build the LinkedIn and Github profile . This will help you to find your dream job.
- Master the skills of Google search and copy and paste techniques to complete the job.
- For parents my message - Frequent communication with your ward is very important. Most of the family problems are solved by healthy communication between parent and ward.
- Students should understand and believe that parents are the most trustworthy reliable source of their life and parent should work to fulfil their wards’ trust.